One might ask why Seaweed and Marine Algae extracts are a beneficial ingredient in skincare products.
- Seaweeds are simple and fascinating plants they act as a treasure chest of natural chemicals and beneficial ingredients. The oldest plants on Earth, they absorb their nourishment from the sea.
- Seaweed has the lot. A high concentration of Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, K, Amino Acids, and a rich collection of minerals, such as calcium, iron, iodine, phosphorus, trace elements – to help us look and feel better. Regenerating… The amino acids, vitamins, and minerals stimulate elastin and collagen production, essential for firm, smooth, elastic skin that has a youthful appearance.
- Used for hundreds of years in seaweed baths, the oils from certain species of seaweed have truly remarkable effects on skin, hair and body, moisturising & nourishing. The mineral, nutrient and vitamin rich, therapeutic oils help the body relax, unwind, Detox and re-mineralise. They reportedly ease arthritis and muscle pains. We love to add Fucus Serratus to Rí na Mara Foaming Bath.
- The antioxidant compounds, bioactive polysaccharides found naturally in seaweed , are a powerful weapon to fight damaging free radicals, reduce inflammation, help improve skin elasticity and provide intensive hydration to the skin.
- The greatest diversity of seaweed in Ireland is found in the unpolluted waters of the West coast and the Aran Islands where RÍ NA MARA use sustainable harvesting techniques to select amazing species such as Chondrus Crispus –Irish moss carraigín, Ascophyllum Nodosum, Fucus Serratus known as serrated wrack, Fucus vesiculosus known as Bladderwrack, LAMINARIA DIGITATA known as Oarweed belongs to the family of Brown Kelp.
These Seaweed extracts form the basis of RÍ NA MARA products.